How to Find the Value of Artwork?
When determining how to find the value of artwork you can break it down to six major categories. These six major categories in my opinion will have the biggest impact on price. Here are six categories to determine how to find artwork value:
- Who bought the art work?
- Is the artist in a museum?
- The position of the artist in the art world? This questions is closely related to point two above.
- The media of the artwork?
- The size of the artwork? Believe it of not size matters. And also quantity if multiple pieces.
- The venue for purchasing or the exhibition of the artwork.
How to value or price artwork – Photo by Sharon McCutcheon